My boyfriend originally found this recipe HERE, but we’ve adapted it to suit our needs and tastes, so I thought I’d share it with you. Enjoy!
1 12oz Bag Nestle Toll House semisweet chocolate chunks.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/8 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup butter + enough to grease pan.
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grease a 9×9 pan with butter.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl, set aside.
4. Whisk eggs in large bowl, set aside.
5. Measure out 1 cup of chocolate chunks, set aside.
6. In medium saucepan, melt 1/3 cup butter slightly before adding sugar and water to the pan. Stir together with a whisk, then bring to a boil and remove from heat.
7. Add 1 cup of chocolate chips to butter/sugar/water mixture. Stir in with a wooden spoon.
8. Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract to the melted chocolate mixture.
9. Use whisk and add chocolate mixture to the eggs whisked earlier, adding the chocolate in slowly so you don’t cook the eggs.
10. Add flour mixture prepared earlier to the chocolate mixture, using a rubber spatula to fold the flour in.
11. Add the rest of the chocolate chunks to the chocolate mixture, using the rubber spatula to fold them in.
12. Pour brownie mixture into the greased 9×9 pan, then place in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until cooked.
13. Remove brownies from the oven and allow to cool for at least 1 hour.
14. Use a small knife to loosen the sides of the brownies from the pan, then remove, cut, and enjoy!