Joe originally found the base recipe HERE, but decided he didn’t want to mess with all the extra’s so he adapted it to what he wanted:
Kosher salt, to taste
1/2 pound macaroni noodles
2 cups milk
4 Tbsp butter
1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
4 c sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Cook macaroni noodles according to package directions, or about 6-8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Add butter and flour to a medium saucepan, stirring to combine. Add milk to the pan, stirring occasionally, until milk begins to boil.
4. Remove butter, flour, and milk mixture from the heat. Add in 3 cups of the cheese, and all of the nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
5. Add the sauce mixture to the noodles that were set aside.
6. Grease a 1 1/2-2 quart baking dish with butter, then add the mac n’ cheese to the baking dish.
7. Cover mac n’ cheese thoroughly with the rest of the cheese, then place in oven for 30-35 minutes until cheese on top is bubbly and melted.
8. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, then enjoy!