I know, it’s after 5pm and I’m making omelet’s. No I’m not pregnant, so please don’t ask. I’ve been craving an omelet for the last few days, so I decided to make one. Here’s my super secret recipe:
Two large eggs (I use eggland’s best, they’re healthier for you)
1 1/2 Tbsp guacamole (recipe below) or to taste
3 slices applewood smoked bacon (recipe below)
1-2 Tbsp whole milk
Sharp cheddar cheese (grated) to taste
Kosher salt, to taste
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1. Crumble bacon into bite size pieces.
2. Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk together.
3. Coat bottom of frying pan with unsalted butter, then add the egg mixture.
4. Set flame to medium to low heat and allow to cook until the top is cooked (little to no liquid on top), or about 3-4 minutes. Flip over.
5. Add cheese, bacon, and guacamole on top of eggs, then fold in half.
6. Place on a plate and enjoy!
Super secret guacamole recipe:
1/2 of a Roma tomato, small dice
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Garlic POWDER (not garlic salt), to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl until avocado is completely smashed. Refrigerate until ready to use (no more than 5-6 hours later).
Super secret bacon recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place desired amount of bacon on a foil-wrapped bacon sheet.
3. Set timer for 6 minutes and place bacon in the oven.
4. Turn baking sheet around once timer goes off and set timer for 4-6 minutes, depending on how much bacon your using and how hot your oven runs.
5. Pull baking sheet out of the oven and remove bacon to a paper plate with paper towels on it. Pat grease off bacon and enjoy!